Monday, November 06, 2006

 Greetings from Canada!

I came across this knit-along last week and just had to join. I have a bubbly 16 month old son named Julian and am expecting my second child, another bouncing boy, on March 19th. Here he is sucking on his thumb during my first ultrasound last week:


That means I’m halfway through this pregnancy and am just a little freaked out at how quickly this one seems to be progressing. It actually just occurred to me that his birth is just four months away… and we’ve done nothing to prepare!

Of course, this being our second (and our second boy to boot) means that we pretty much already have everything we need, but we still need to set up a nursery (i.e. kick my husband out of his ‘home office’ since we need the space for our little guy) and of course knit, knit, knit ;0)

I just ordered yarn for 3 baby projects and will start knitting as soon as they arrive (in the next week or so).

I’m planning to knit the classic cashmere sweater and leggings from Erika Knight’s “Simple Knits for Cherished Babies” out of Dale Baby Ull. I’ve never used this yarn before but my web search revealed that it would be a good (machine washable) substitute for the recommended Jaeger Cashmere which has been discontinued. I’ve also read that Filatura 501 would be a good sub as well but couldn’t find a source for it in Canada.

I’m also planning on knitting the ballerina top from Debbie Bliss’ “Quick Baby Knits” which despite its name isn’t all that girly. I’ll be knitting it out of Elann’s Devon Virgin Wool. And finally, I’ll be trying out Elann’s Baby Bashmere on a Phildar ribbed raglan pattern. Can’t wait!

In the meantime, you can check out all the knits I made for my toddler when he was a baby at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/annypurls78/sets/72057594092703311/

You can also find my blog at:
http://www.annypurls.blogspot.com/

Cheers!
A.

4 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Anny, Hi! We have quite a bit in common. We're expecting our second boy on March 24th so we're not that far apart. I like the knits you're going to be working on... I might make the ballet wrap as well, good idea. I have some baby ull in my stash that needs a project, I'll check out the other book that you mentioned. Happy baby knitting! :D

1:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a terrific collection of baby knits. Lovely!

4:34 PM  
Blogger Bethany said...

Don't feel bad-- Our second is due in 3 weeks, and we have done nothing to prepare either. Ack!

5:14 AM  
Blogger Miss Scarlett said...

Wow! So much knitting - I love that cabled layette and the blue sweater with the toggle closures. Beautiful job on all of the items.
Congrats on the 2nd baby!

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home