Friday, November 03, 2006

 Pixie hat

I knit this precious little hat up in a matter of hours this morning. The pattern is in Erika Knight's "Knitting For Two" book, and I'm so happy with the results! I used Sugar and Cream 100% cotton yarn (from my ridiculously large stash of it re: Mason Dixon Knitting mania) in pink and brown. The pattern instructs you to knit the hat flat, but I adapted the pattern to make it an "in-the-round" knit instead. I hate seaming! I also decided to forego the embroidery detailing since I wanted to use only two colors. I opted not to put pom-poms on the ends of the ties because I felt like it wasn't very practical for use. I'll be giving the hat to its intended recipient (born early this morning!) in a couple of days. I hope it is something both she and her mom will enjoy for some time.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

just freakin adorable! and another good use for the ton of sugar and cream that i have accumulated!

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home