Friday, November 03, 2006

 Pixie hat

I knit this precious little hat up in a matter of hours this morning. The pattern is in Erika Knight's "Knitting For Two" book, and I'm so happy with the results! I used Sugar and Cream 100% cotton yarn (from my ridiculously large stash of it re: Mason Dixon Knitting mania) in pink and brown. The pattern instructs you to knit the hat flat, but I adapted the pattern to make it an "in-the-round" knit instead. I hate seaming! I also decided to forego the embroidery detailing since I wanted to use only two colors. I opted not to put pom-poms on the ends of the ties because I felt like it wasn't very practical for use. I'll be giving the hat to its intended recipient (born early this morning!) in a couple of days. I hope it is something both she and her mom will enjoy for some time.


Blogger Lindsey said...

just freakin adorable! and another good use for the ton of sugar and cream that i have accumulated!

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home