Friday, November 03, 2006

 Baby's first


Here is the wrap-around body with some matching spiral-knit stockings (no heels) which I showed a progress-photo of earlier. It's made in a soft merino/silk blend, and the yarn is undyed and not treated with any superwash or other chemicals. I'm thinking that this will be the first clothes I will put on my little one after (s)he is born...

For some more detailed pictures showing how the body is opened, scroll down a little in my blog www.fuglemamma.sprayblogg.no (it's in Norwegian). Also if you'd like some beautiful winter moods from 70 degrees North, have a look at today's post:-)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is absoultely beautiful! I love knitting baby clothes. I have made a hat and scarf for my toddler and she loves it! Im onto knitting a sweater for my friends baby girl due in December!

6:21 PM  
Blogger Kelley said...

What a clever little garment! Interesting how it buttons on the bottom and sides. Would you mind sharing where you got the pattern?

7:17 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I'd love to know where the pattern is from also. It is quite interesting and cute.

9:08 PM  
Blogger Fuglemamma said...

Thanks for the praise:-) I made the pattern myself, inspired by a wrap-on from a regular shop and some patterns I got from www.nostebarn.no. It's a web shop which sells yarn, patterns, cotton diapers and children's clothes. The name of the shop means "skeinchild" - in Norwegian a "noste" means skein but is also a slang for something small and cozy, like a child:-) I'm planning on posting the pattern in my blog, and I'll see if I can manage to translate it into English as well...

10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice!

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home