Monday, November 06, 2006

 a last minute knitted gift

A friend of mine had a baby last month and I needed to get something knitted rather quickly, so I went to my copy of Last Minute Knitted Gifts...errata and all. I just happened to have a skein of Mission Falls 1824 Cotton (which I think is a really nice cotton to knit with, in case you were wondering):


I used Alison's corrections after realizing that there was something wrong with the eyelets to feed the i-cord through, and I was just too lazy to do the figuring myself; but, having worked that out it was a very fun, quick knit (5 hours, max) and I think it will be really cute on the baby it was knitted for!

3 Comments:

Blogger Ranee @ Arabian Knits said...

What was the problem with the holes? Was it possibly corrected in later printings? I ask because I made one for our youngest son, and didn't have a problem threading it, thought I tied it in a knot rather than a bow. You can see it here and here.

12:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ranee,
I think the issue may have been resolved in later printings. My issue was a first printing with tons of errata and for this pattern the larger size had an odd number of eyelets to feed the ribbon through so both ties wouldn't be on the right side...which is kind of a problem!

1:49 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Your had looks great! I actually had a lot of problems with this pattern too -- mainly that no matter what size I knit, they all seemed too small for my toddler daughter. I couldn't even get the toddler size over her head. You seemed to figure it out though and it looks great!

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home