Tuesday, October 17, 2006

 Warm Little Tootsies


I had to knit T some warm, wooly slippers in a mad hurry last week Thursday night. We were packing for a weekend camping (cabin) trip, and I suddenly realized his snowsuit is the kind that doesn't have feet. It's pretty cold in Michigan these days, so if we wanted to do any hiking, some warm footwear was a must. So I stayed up until 1 a.m. making these. They fit just right, with plenty of room to grow. I love them!

Pattern: Garter Stitch Booties by Debbie Bliss
Needles: US size 2 straight needles
Yarn: Dawn (American Thread Co.) knitting worsted wool in blue wine heather (love this color!)

--Kelley

6 Comments:

Blogger alison said...

Awwww, love those booties. Thanks for reminding me of that pattern. I was looking for some garter st booties and forgot that I had that book.

4:39 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

Those are darling and I love the color!

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww! they turned out fab

7:26 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Those look great. And it's inspiring that you could just whip them up as part of the trip preparations!

5:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

praytell, where did you get the beautiful coloured yarn for these booties? I live in B.C. Canada.....thanks!
Leslie

11:31 AM  
Blogger Kelley said...

I got the yarn off eBay. What a find, eh? I love it! Very vintage looking packaging. I supsect it's rather old. I have four skeins left to play around with. Yay!

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home