Wednesday, October 11, 2006

 Too Many Babies


Hi all. I am Jackie and have been knitting seriously for about 7 years. I am not pregnant, but I have a lot of friends who are. When I was pregnant with my first 9 of my friends were, so I got pretty good at cranking out baby gifts. I am currently working on 2 baby gifts. I am halfway through the baby kimono from Interweave Knits and am also working on a vintage lace dress. The dress is from a pattern of my grandmother's. She knit one for every baby in her church (she was a preacher's wife) and I thought it would be neat to make one too. You can follow my progress here. This picture is of a Bouton D'Or dress in Rowan 4 Ply I finished this summer.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jackie said...

Trina,
It is summer 2005 pg 98 by Kristin Spurkland. It is a garter stitch garment and is knit in one piece for the cardigan. I needed a break from lace, so this is a quick knit.

8:43 PM  
Blogger Jofrog said...

Bouton d'Or are my favorite baby/kid patterns, which book is that dress from? I have a few!

9:37 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

It is from Layette and Junior book number 13. It has the dress with cherries on the front cover.

9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great dress! I love the trim

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home