Wednesday, October 11, 2006

 Hello all!

Hi everyone! My name is Amanda Cathleen (you can find my blog over here). I'm the mom of three kids. Corra (7), Bryce (5) and Allysa (2.5) my hubby and I are expecting our 4th in January. I've finished my first knit for our expected baby:
Pattern: loosely based on better than baby booties. I used the heel that they called for, but that's it.
Yarn: left over Vesper Neapolitan and a little bit of Vesper astro cause I ran out of yarn, and it used the same pink.
Needles: 4 size 0 metal dpns. (ouch!)
Time: 8 hours. Would have been a lot less if I didn't develop the inability to count to 44 and not recognize the problem till 6 rows of ribbing was knit on sock 2. *urgh*

These little socks just make me wanna say "awwww!" they are so cute and tiny. I have no idea if they are going to fit a newborn or not. Which is what I intended. The cuffs look so big, and newborns have such big feet and skinny little legs.

I'm enjoying reading everyone's posts about what their favorite baby knits are, your all inspiring me! My must knit list is growing faster than I can knit now! I learned to knit 3 years ago when I was pregnant with Allysa, and needed something to keep busy at work. When Allysa was born I was still in my scarf phase of knitting! I've knit socks and hats for my kids, and am excited to knit for our expected baby!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jofrog said...

I've been knitting a bunch of little socks for our December arrival! They are just so cute and so fast! Happy Knitting.

9:39 PM  
Blogger alison said...

Very cute socks! I'm searching through my sock yarn leftovers for great odds and ends for baby booties too.

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home