Monday, October 09, 2006

 Glad to join!

I am not pregnant, but all of a sudden I know several people who are. My sister is due with Daughter #2 (Lucy Eleanor) November 4th, a neighborhood friend is due with Child #3 (first boy) in December, and the wife of the guy who owns the bike shop I go to is due in April with their first. This KAL will help keep me on track of the baby knitting I must do! I haven't started anything for Lucy, but I need to get on it quickly! My favorite baby patterns are the Bebe cardi out of the Berroco #214 leaflet (adorable wrap cardi knit out of Plush and tied with ribbon - leaflet is about 3 or 4 years old) and Fiber Trends' Ear Cozies hat pattern. I like to make the pointed hat in the 3-6 month size using 2 strands of Koigu. One skein is sufficient for one hat. I might make a hat for the neighor or a pair of angora baby booties from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. I have a skein of blue, yellow and white angora perfect for that. I don't know what to do for little Lucy; I made her sister, Dorothy, a hat and a Plush cardi, and since their birthdays will be close together, those should fit just fine. I have to come up with something else. Any suggestions? (Don't say Anouk from Knitty. I did one of those for Dorothy when she was 2, so that will be passed down.) For the bike shop wife, I have time, so I'm not terribly worried.

Looking forward to seeing everyone's projects!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you have so many great ideas! Sorry I can't give you any

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home