Sunday, October 08, 2006

 Baby V-neck Cardigan

I'm currently knitting this V-neck Pattern: Click here to view. It's a free online pattern that I received from my One Skein Secret Pal during the summer. It's soooo simple to knit! I started it two weeks ago while on vacation and I'm just about done. I will post pictures of the finished product one complete (I do have progress shots, but I don't think they are that interesting - lol). Now, to be honest, the picture in the pattern is hidious - due to the colours - but I'm knitting it up in a blue & white variegated, and it's turning out VERY nicely.

It's a great pattern because it uses one ball of sock yarn. The pattern says that it only uses up 38 grams of a 50 gram ball - but I started out with a 50 gram ball and there isn't too much left - and I still have some rows to finish. I should have weighed the yarn before starting - but I will weight the finished product before adding on the buttons to let you all know how much I actually used.

Thanks for welcoming me to this site - I'm 27.3 weeks pregnant, and I'm due at the beginning of January, we're expecing a baby boy! He will be our first child, and we're very excited!

2 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

Neat idea to use a ball of sock yarn for a baby garment!
I look forward to seeing yours - the colors of the one in the pattern are, as you said, not so pleasant.

8:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see your finished sweater! : )

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home