Monday, October 09, 2006

 Favourite Knitting Patterns

I thought I would start off with my favourite baby knitting patterns.
I have 3 books by Erika Knight that I just keep coming back to when knitting for babies.
They are: Baby Bloom, Simple Knits for Cherished Babies and Simple knits for Little Cherubs.
The garments are simple, well constructed and practical. The slippers maybe harder to knit than bootees but they are less fidly to put on and look more modern.

My mum knits baby outfits for new born babies and knit my son 12 matinee jackets for when he was born in November last year. She also knitted him 2 shawls, one of which is shown on the right. She also made the Christening set which is shown on the left.



















Now to introduce myself. My name is Helen, I am a 26 year old stay at home mum from Dunedin, New Zealand. I have been knitting seriously for about 4 years, even though I was taught when I was 8. I have a 10 month old little boy and until last week was pregnant with my second, who we sadly lost due to a miscarriage at 10 weeks. We are now hoping to be pregnant again by Christmas.

6 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

What a great mother you have!
THose items are beautiful.
Your little one is too!

8:46 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I'll have to keep an eye out for those Erika Knight books - I think they are in my library.
I'm sorry for your loss.
Sending some good baby mojo your way - Good luck!

8:50 AM  
Blogger Marnie said...

hi! your son is beautiful as are the lovely things your mother made for him! i'm sorry for your loss, and wish you the best.

8:57 AM  
Blogger alison said...

That blanket is gorgeous! What a wonderful knitter your mom is and a lucky boy you have. Best of luck concieving again.

9:03 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The blanket and the Christening set are just beautiful. Your mom is a great knitter.

2:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwww, your son is adorible. And so are those knits your mum made for him! I'm so sorry about your loss. ((hugs)) sending good thoughts you way : )

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home