Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Here are a few of the knits I have made for our Margaret...

A cardigan I designed, loosely based on EZ's seamless yoke sweater in Knitting Without Tears. I haven't decided on a closure for it yet, I may just leave it open since we live in Florida, it doesn't need to be too warm.
Mason Dixon bib with a ruffle and a pair of socks.


Matinee coat from Baby Cashmerino by Debbie Bliss and the Marshmallow hat from Itty Bitty Hats by Susan Anderson.


And here is little Margaret Rose finally home after 3 weeks in the NICU, healthy, happy and up to 5lbs (from her 4lb 10 oz birth weight). She has on her lap a crocheted blanket given by some very generous ladies to the NICU. All the babies in the unit are sent home with their first blankets and hats donated by local knitters and crocheters, something we will be paying forward by knitting and crocheting tiny blankets and hats this summer.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dove Knits said...

What a beautiful baby! I'm glad to hear she's doing well.

I love all the knits, but the matinee coat has got to be my favorite.

12:12 PM  
Blogger mames said...

Yay!!!!!!!! She looks lovely!

3:30 PM  
Blogger alison said...

Beautiful knits! Congrats on having the little one home with you finally! :)

5:04 PM  
Blogger Kelley said...

What a doll. Congratulations!

I especially love the matinee jacket. It's just beautiful. So cute with the marshmallow bonnet too :-)

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home