Friday, April 20, 2007

 Sweaters are fun!


Another finished sweater for little Samuel. I have 8 weeks to go and his sweater collection for Fall and Winter is piling up! This is the Baby Placket pullover, from Joelle Hoverson's Last-Minute Knitted Gifts. If you decide to make it, make sure you read the errata section on her website. I did not find it until I pulled my hair out twice, went to my lys, pulled my hair out again, then did things on my own to try and make it work. This was all for naught. I could have saved myself a lot of shame spirals, negative self-talk, and visions of giving up knitting because I COULDN'T FIGURE OUT A PATTERN and what good am I. If I had simply scrolled down on their website and found the link for the revised pattern with corrections, my mental health would have been saved from needless anxiety.

I am now working on the Baby Tunic for Sammy from Knitting Pure and Simple.

8 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

Good to know.

I was just thinking about knitting that exact sweater actually.

Thanks for the heads up!

5:40 PM  
Blogger Aimee said...

It looks great. What yarn did you use?

9:12 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

That's a great little sweater ... I love the color.

KP&S patterns are among my favorites. Gotta love quick knits and great results!

7:48 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

Thanks for the compliments! I used the swish merino yarn from knitpicks.com. It's a superwash wool, which makes it perfect for baby. AND it is very reasonable in price. I spent under $20 on yarn!

I'm having fun knitting up the next sweater and am in love with KP&S! I want to knit only from their patterns now! They are so easy and quick!

8:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am making the same sweater now! So cute. Didn't know about the pattern corrections, though. I couldn't find "errata" on her website. Can you tell me where to find them? :)

10:07 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

So cute my little boy is called Samuel. Best name for a little boy.

7:01 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

This is a blog that links to the corrected version of the placket neck sweater. http://alison.knitsmiths.us/cat_the_babies_are_coming_the_babies_are_coming.html

10:10 AM  
Blogger Dove Knits said...

Very nice work!

I've recently discovered errata pages. Sanity savers!

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home