Saturday, April 14, 2007

 it's been a while

I have spent the last few weeks enjoying all of your posts and oohing and ahhing over the knit baby items and the brand new babies. Then it hit me- I'd completely forgotten to share my own newer baby knits.

So I'm sorry again for the long post but here goes:

Moss Block Cardigan

This is a cardigan I designed using some stash cotton and wooden buttons. You can't see it very well, but it is designed with blocks of stockinette and moss stitch.

Alphabet Blanket

This is the wonderful Alphabet Blanket by Debbie Bliss from the Baby Knits book. I used Bernat Softee Baby and found it a very fast, easy knit that looks great!

Pocket Pal

This is a "Pocket Pal" from a booklet by Val Love. I love how he came out but don't like the bowl hairdo I gave him, so I will be attempting another one soon.

Baby Socks

These are some baby socks I knit up using leftover Mega Boots Stretch that I used for a pair of socks for my husband. I can't wait to take a photo of daddy and son with their matching socks!

Sheldon

Last but not least I jumped on the Sheldon bandwagon and knit one up last weekend using some leftover Bernat Baby Coordinates from the dinosaur I'd knit.

Now to see what else I can finish in the 6 weeks I have until my son gets here!

Oops- I forgot to add my blog address! All these knits and more at http://www.jeloca.com

7 Comments:

Blogger knitting elephant said...

I love all the things you've made! Would you mind sharing more details about the blanket--like needle size and amount of yarn used? I have that pattern but have not attempted it yet... I'd be curious if I have enough in my stash. Thanks and great work!

4:08 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Lori said...

Sure! I used 3 balls of the Bernat Softee Baby (5oz/140g each). It took 2 balls for the blocks and half-to-most of the last ball for the border. Because I used a different yarn than called for in the pattern, I changed the needle size to reflect. I wanted something soft and drapey, not stiff. I used 4mm needles for the body and borders and 3.5mm for the triangle edgings.

4:36 PM  
Blogger knitting elephant said...

Thanks so much!! I'll have to see what I can come up with from stash!! :-)

4:41 PM  
Blogger Austysmum said...

I love the little pocket pal - I have a similar pattern for them and have been meaning to knit them for ages and stitch them together to make a pram tie of sorts. Will have to do it for the next bub, after seeing yours. They are so cute. The little turtle is really cute too!

And the blanket - well I don't think I'd even be brave enough to attempt that! I have the pattern for that one too. You have don a great job of it.

11:05 PM  
Blogger B said...

Wow, that blanket looks amazing! What a nice heirloom for your lo. Was it fun to knit? I have a hard time with large projects, because I get bored, but that looks like it would be entertaining.

11:42 PM  
Blogger KnuttyKnitter said...

Nice ABC blanket! My friend's sister is expecting triplets and my friend has decided to make 3 of them, on size 4 needles!

9:28 AM  
Blogger Dove Knits said...

I love everything, but the pocket pal is my favorite.

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home