Wednesday, April 11, 2007

 Kimono Completed!

Here is my (finally) finished baby kimono ! I used Hobby Lobby yarns: Baby Bee Sweet Delight Twist in teddybear for the MC (a mix of blue, khaki and cream) and two strands of Baby Bee Baby in bare for the CC (cream). I knit tightly with size 7 bamboo needles. I'm still looking for some decorative buttons for the waistband. And I have to attach snaps, which I've never done before. How hard can it be?

Originally this was to be a gender-neutral gift, but I feel that the pattern-stitch border is more feminine than gender-neutral, so I'm hoping my friend due this summer will be blessed with a baby girl!

9 Comments:

Blogger Sereknitty said...

Absolutely lovely! Nice job.

4:50 PM  
Blogger Marlene said...

I think it looks quite nuetral. It's not as if the pattern is flowers or anything. I think it looks great --- for either gender.

11:49 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

SUCH a cute little sweater!

11:21 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

What a darling sweater! I love the colors you chose, and I agree that it is still delightfully gender neutral. Thanks for sharing!

5:03 PM  
Blogger Austysmum said...

I LOOOOOOVE this! Great work and if it were mine and I had another boy, I'd be happy to put in on him, as I think it works really well as ghender neutral, and I am sure your friend will feel the same. Beautiful.

5:58 PM  
Blogger Tanaya said...

It is fabulous (and if it were a smidge bigger, would look great on me...okay, maybe a little more than a smidge. :)

2:32 PM  
Blogger Jofrog said...

It's a great sweater, and I'd put it on a boy as quickly as a girl. Nice job.

3:39 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

think the wrap is fab. thanks for sharing the pattern. for what it's worth, I would put it on a boy

10:14 AM  
Blogger portkey said...

This is gorgeous. I would never have given this pattern a second look if I hadn't seen your fo. I have been looking for the perfect project to welcome a very welcome addition to my little family. Thank you for such a perfect suggestion and some great 'role modeling'. Really beautiful little sweater and lovely work.

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home