Friday, April 13, 2007

 Tiny things

Hi all, I have been lurking for a while now enjoying all your gorgeous baby knits. I got the invitation to join a couple of weeks ago but wanted a new FO to show you before I posted. I have a 16m old son, so don't know if his knits qualify as baby things, especially since he is running everywhare and chatting, starting to say sentences now! He's certainly not a baby anymore. So I decided to knit up this jellydyed baby wool (the first of my yarn dyeing experiments) into a teeny tiny hat. Someone I know is having twins, a girl and a boy so I thought I would make them one each and perhaps a pair of booties to match. The second hat has the same blue edging and that same blue in the mc wool, but instead of maroon and pinky red it has two tones of green. I just cast on for that one late last night so am halfway through.


I wanted to show off this one though as it amazed me how the varigation lengths and the hat circumference lined up so perfectly to make these interesting diagonal stripes. The green one had only a slightly longer varigation length but isn't striping at all. It makes such a difference to the look of the hat.




I also knitted the doll's singlet and booties a few years ago... well the booties were actually for my son, but he was born with ginormous feet, so the doll got them. The photo shows a navy stripe where it shouldn't be, but I have been inspecting the bootie to see what it was and it has vanished - must have been a stray piece of cotton off the doll's everalls, just there to spoil the photo!


I look forward to seeing more of your wonderful baby knits and sharing mine. As soon as we find a bigger house we will be trying for a baby brother or sister for our son, so there will be plenty of baby knits to come!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, love that hat!

4:21 PM  
Blogger B said...

I love the hat! Both my kids have huge feet, too, and never fit in booties.

5:51 PM  
Blogger Dove Knits said...

I love that hat! I love bright colors, and the spiraly stripes totally make it. The booties are adorable, too.

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home