Monday, April 16, 2007

 First Post

Hi everyone. I've been lurking for awhile and enjoying all your FO's.
I'm a Mom of 7. Our latest addition, our 5th daughter, arrived this past November. I love baby knits when I want to try out a new technique, so here's my first fair isle attempt. It's from the Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino book, knit up in Baby Cashmerino. I really enjoyed watching the pattern as it came together and have already picked up more yarn to knit the larger fair isle cardi from Simply Baby for my 3 year old daughter.

7 Comments:

Blogger KnuttyKnitter said...

2 things -
Wow! Mom of 7! I am impressed!
And that sweater is so cute! I love the fair isle "necklace" :)

9:26 AM  
Blogger mames said...

oh so sweet! don't you just love the cashmerino. i have developed an obsession with it of late. mom of 7! i am part and parcel of a family with 8 kids and i myself am expecting twins (my parents first grandchildren) so i just love the big family...and, see, you can still fins knitting time, even with 7. good on you. :)

11:32 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

That is a beautiful sweater...it's the first time I have seen it done. Congrats ont the babay.

12:14 PM  
Blogger Marlene said...

Beautiful sweater!

1:22 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Oh, so pretty! You do lovely work.

2:59 PM  
Blogger Bethany said...

That's beautiful-- I have that pattern book, but haven't tried that pattern yet. My daughter was born in November as well :)

10:47 PM  
Blogger Dove Knits said...

That's about the sweetest cardigan ever.

Congratulations on your new daughter :) I want lots of kids someday!

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home