Monday, April 16, 2007

 Layette Set

I have been working on a few things. I posted once about some little baby beanies that I knit up from some soft bumpity yarn, planning on taking the boys home with these capping their noggins if the hats fit…all ultrasounds have shown that we are having some big headed babies. Well, I still had a fairly generous ball left and some more chocolately brown ribbon, and I cannot seem to put my EZ books down because I belong to this blog too, so I cast on for booties. I wanted to try her instruction for an after-thought heel to simply the whole foot covering process. My, does it simplify. It works for the booties because the babies will not be taxing the heels with inconvenient actions like walking. The bumpity yarn was a blessing and challenge. You see, first you knit a tube with toe decreases at the end. Then you go back, snip a stitch, unravel a bit, pick up and knit in the round to create a ‘heel’. Ta-dum. The bumps hid my indiscreet picking up of stitches, but also masked the said stitches I was trying to pick up. It matters little as both pairs look wearable. I included the onesies I embroidered for the beans, inspired by this post.
Their initials came out okay, considering needlework is not my forte. My husband keeps looking at Bean 2’s and saying, “Are we going to call him ‘Oi!’?”. Our Aussie friends are quite fond of that saying and it permeated our language after we took an extended trip there. So, we have the ‘get them home’ outfits, but we do not have babies yet. I swear I will post pictures when they do arrive, baby knits look so much better on the babies. I have reached the wall of late pregnancy with multiples, but hanging in there, just thinking and dreaming about getting the beans here safely. Soon…soon. More FO’s at my blog.

2 Comments:

Blogger Austysmum said...

They will be te best dressed babies at the hospital the morning that you prepare to take them home! Cute!

7:01 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Very sweet ... and I love the onseies.

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home