Tuesday, March 13, 2007

 Looks even better on a baby


Like everybody else, I caved and bought a copy of Itty Bitty Hats. I started with the Upside Down Daisy, for a little girl who's due in April. I knitted it over the weekend. I bought some Rowan Handknit Cotton (from the lovely Jannette on eBay) in pink, as instructed, but I did the white and green with some Rowan 4 Ply Cotton that I already had: I'm really glad I did, because working with the Handknit on 4mm needles with just a few stitches was really uncomfortable and the 4 Ply was lot more manageable.

If I knit it again, I think I will use a wool or a blend, as I find cotton so tiring to work with; maybe some All Seasons Cotton, that would be good.

But this looks so cute, I just want to make another one straightaway, and I don't care whether it's tiring or not :)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The hat is too cute, and the more I see pictures of them, the more I want to make one myself. Too cute!!

8:33 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

The author must have sprinkled some terribly-addictive substance into the pages of that book, don't you think? It's just full of so many cute ideas! I found myself knitting hat after hat after hat from it. I just love your flower hat! Thank you so much for posting it!

10:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute! I have also made that hat using a lavander color. It's a fun one to make while watching TV.

2:38 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

Welcome to the club! ;-)
I love the photo.

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home