Friday, March 09, 2007

 Race to the finish....


No finished objects this year - but I'm hoping that posting this will give me that extra little kick that I need to finally wrap up a project. I've been working on this double knit blanket (both sides knit at the same time) for ages. The little one is due in 9 days, and I'm hoping to find the motivation to finish the blanket before she arrives. It's an American flag on one side and the Dutch flag on the other - since our little one will have dual citizenship it seemed like a good idea at the time. Now I can't wait to move on to the next project - which will be anything that does not involve stockinette stitch!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

You're a hero. The most I've ever done in double knit is some iPod covers and they nearly drove me crazy. Lucky baby :)

4:41 AM  
Blogger Jofrog said...

Wow, that is one insane project! Good luck to you, maybe your dr will put you on bed rest for the next 9 days and you can knit knit knit away!

8:20 AM  
Blogger alison said...

Cool idea! It looks great so far.

8:40 AM  
Blogger Random Musings said...

I know what you mean about Stockinette stitch! I get bored with it. Most of the members of my knitting group are new to knitting. They all knit almost exclusivley in stockinette or garter stitich and laughed at me making up a pattern for a scarf I was doing for the local Soup Kitchen....but I just had to do something different!

Good luck finishing your blanket by your due date. I am racing to finish one before some twins arrive...they are due any day now.

8:47 AM  
Blogger Annemarie said...

hi erica!
it looks great...
i haven't seen you in ages, so it is good to see what you have been up to her (-:

5:38 AM  
Blogger Erica said...

Hi Annemarie! I've missed SnB a few nights between vacation and a cold, and I'm excited about getting back into the swing of things. Hopefully will see you there tonight! And congrats on finishing Bram's sweater!!!

6:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home