Wednesday, January 10, 2007

 Baby Bear


My break from holiday knitting was short lived, as my cousin, who was originally due in early February gave birth to a baby boy a full month early! Not to worry, the little guy is doing fine and after a week in the hospital, he's going home tomorrow. I managed to quickly finish this bear for him from Jess Hutch's Unusual Toys For You To Knit And Enjoy.

I feel bad that I'm constantly posting everywhere about these toys (there are plenty more of them over on my blog) since Jess' booklet is much coveted and long out of print, but they're so fun to knit. If you don't have the booklet and are interested in these toys, I think there's a free bunny pattern up on Jess's site and you can also knit the Kate kitty from the Knitty site. Either way, I made this dude out of Cascade 220 and I hope he will be loved by the new baby.

2 Comments:

Blogger alison said...

Awwww, so sweet. Love his little green shirt and orange pants!

7:55 PM  
Blogger Kelley said...

Aw, man! Now I wanna knit one. He's really cute. Great job.

11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home