Monday, January 08, 2007

 Christmas Knitting

I thought you might like an update on my Christmas baby knitting - I have four friends now with children under three and another baby on the way, lots of knitting for Aunty Ruth!
Firstly, here is baby Hattie on the crocheted blanket I made her. Square were from 200 Knitted Blocks and were made in Jaeger Aqua Cotton.
Second is the Cosy Tank Top (age 2-3) from Lucinda Guy's "And so to bed" book in YC Cashsoft. This is my favourite knit so far, and luckily the little girl it was destined for loves it (but also won't take it off, which could prove tricky!)

Next is another Tank Top, this time for Hattie (pictured above). The pattern comes from Louisa Harding's "Natural Knits" book. I used the left over RYC from the above project. It is lovely and soft and such a treat having a hint of cashmere in it!
And finally, for Toby, Kai from the same Natural Knits book. This is in a ggh cotton/acrylic mix that washes really well. He looked fab in it!

3 Comments:

Blogger totalkyknitwit2007 said...

those are absolutely gorgeous!

9:06 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Oooo... does that blanket make me want to learn how to crochet!!

Beautiful!

8:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do love the cabled sweater and the color you chose.

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home