Tuesday, January 09, 2007

 Infant Spiral Socks

I made these infant spiral socks last week. I had seen this type of heel-less sock in a few different old pattern books from the 40s and 50s, had some extra sock yarn laying around, and decided to try them out. They are interesting because since they have no heel, it seems they grow with the child. They start out more like stockings on the baby, then end up being regular length socks when they are toddlers or older. My 3 1/2 year-old son tried them on and they fit him fine, but maybe are a little bit shorter than his regualr socks. (He also told me he wants a heel. Guess I'll have to start on a pair of regular socks for him!)
They were fun to make and a quick knit. I look forward to trying them on the baby - who is due this Saturday!

Ann

3 Comments:

Blogger spajonas said...

very cute! do you have a pattern for them?

10:22 AM  
Blogger Marlene said...

Now there's a great idea that solves the problem of decided what length to make the baby socks for various ages.

12:16 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

The pattern I used is from one of my old knitting books, but there are a few online that are similar.
Try this one here

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home