Friday, January 05, 2007

 Our Jumping Jack O'Lantern & His Hats of Three

pregnancy
We found out we were having a boy three weeks ago at our 20 week ultrasound.

The doctor made a VHS tape of the ultrasound and here are a few snapshots I took of the video playing on our TV at home:

A profile

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I was lying on my back for the ultrasound; looking up at the TV screen they had mounted to the wall and ceiling. Seeing this image of him made me cry tears of joy until my ears were filled with salt water.

Here he is stretching. He likes to stretch more than the skin on my belly seems to and I've got the angry looking red stretch marks to prove it. I also seem to be immune to stretch mark prevention creams and oils. Oh well. It's a small price to pay.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And here's the 3D image of our child, looking more like a pumpkin than a baby. Thankfully, I doubt he'll come out this color.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
A hat I knit out of sock yarn from the Solvang yarn store. I knit it with their superwash sock yarn on #2 needles.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This next one is the "Umbilical Cord Hat" from Stitch 'n Bitch, knit in Malabrigo yarn.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
And here it is again, the same pattern, this time knit with Blue Sky Alpaca cotton.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
He will be my first child, and for some reason I seem to be obsessed with knitting him hats, but more specificly, speculating about the possible size of his head.

I wonder why?

Wink, wink.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelley said...

Thanks for sharing your updates. Exciting times! I can totally understand your obsession with his head size. LOL. Been there . . .
I love the umbilical cord hat out of the Malabrigo. Gorgeous!

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home