Monday, October 30, 2006

 Newborn socks

Hi everybody! It's Diana again. As we are in Socktoberfest, I've been interested in knitting newborn socks, which I had never done before. I was looking for patterns, getting ideas from from different places and finally I ended up writing a pattern. It's a very quick project. I used Knitpicks yarn, which is easy to order and not expensive. This kind of yarn (I think it's called self striping) allows different color combinations. I thought it would be funny to make a set of 6 different socks that match altogether. Of course, you can adapt it and make identical socks. I have published the pattern in my blog. Please, tell me if you find something which is not correct. Also, English is not my first language, so don't hesitate in telling me if I said something wrong.



4 Comments:

Blogger alison said...

So cute! Thanks for posting a pattern for folks and for recommending the Knitpicks yarn. Good choice for baby stuff!

5:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent socks!

7:28 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Great idea ... I'm a fan of fraternal socks.

7:40 AM  
Blogger Fuglemamma said...

That's a great idea - if they all go to the same baby, chances are that the mum will not end up with a singleton sock - atleast not in the first week;-)

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home