Sunday, October 29, 2006



After washing and blocking, I added buttons. I was afraid that it wasn't going to dry before starting to smell moldy. After sitting out all night it was still no dryer than the night before, so today I took it upstairs and layed it out on the floor on towels and turned the super fan on it for several hours.

I put the extra buttons on the inside of the coat so that if I lose one I won't have to tear the house apart looking for the replacements. Then I put the coat on the baby, and he loved it. First thing he did was eat it. He's been trying to get it in his hands and there by in his mouth since I started knitting it. It fits well, with room to grow in, and I must have really been off on the row count (thank goodness too...) because it's a little big and pretty long, and this child is now wearing 6-9 month clothes and won't be 5 months till Thursday.

4 Comments:

Blogger Toni said...

I love it...the color and the pattern! You did a wonderful job =) What a lucky baby.

Toni

12:20 AM  
Blogger Fuglemamma said...

Beautiful jacket, charming baby:-)

7:37 AM  
Blogger Bethany said...

That looks great-- much better on the baby than on the hanger, of course :)

8:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its very nice!!!! Can't wait to have my baby!!

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home