Sunday, October 29, 2006

 Phildar Cardigan and scarf

So, a weekend tranquille a la maison since in less than a week we'll be boarding a plane for our month long vacation to the US. We stayed in last night catching up on Lost and Grey's Anatomy all the while I cranked out the Phildar baby sweater:

La Brassiere and L'echarpe No. 6 from Phildar Tricotez Calin

Button snaps and detail of Bowling from Phildar Sleeve detail The back or the front?
Pattern: La Brassiere and L'Echarpe No. 6 from Phildar Tricotez Calin
Size:
6 months (sweater); One size fits all (Scarf)
Yarn:
Phildar Oxyene color Emeraude (sweater) & Bowling in Folk & Partner in Petunia (Scarf)
Needles:
5.5 mm & 6.5 mm
Started:
October 20, 2006
Finished:
October 28, 2006

I can happily say that I think I've gotten over my fear of Phildar patterns and sewing sweater parts. It took me a couple false starts but seaming stockinette and garter stitch are very easy! Sewing on snaps on the other hand, I don't like at all. If I make this again, I'm going to add button holes. The scarf was just an added bonus, I fell in love with how it looked on the baby on the cover of Tricotez Calin. The sweater is worn with the buttons on the back but I think that it looks just as good with the buttons to the front. So, this will be put in the mail next week and hopefully the recipient hasn't already grown out of it! :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

This looks fabulous! I really like the way you used the pink in the center of the buttons to pull together the colors of the sweater and scarf.

2:26 PM  
Blogger PutYourFlareOn said...

Thanks, the original was in a pink shade and I thought that would be too much pink. Phildar yarns come in so many great colors. I really enjoy knitting their patterns and using their yarns.

6:15 AM  
Blogger alison said...

Love the garter edging on those sleeves! Hmmmm... designer juices are flowing.....

8:00 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Very cute ....... I love the sleeves, too.

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home