Friday, June 29, 2007

 My Sassy Dress- up Girl


The Dress
Originally uploaded by islandj.

Well, she's a bit more than a baby, but I hope you'll bear with me!

This is a top down raglan, based loosely on a Debbie Bliss Raglan pattern. It was destined to be a "normal" sweater, but when it was time to stop (at the waist), I realized I had enough yarn to make a dress, not enough to make a second something. So I kept going... making up the pattern as I went along. There is a fake cable and YO's on the raglan and also at the increase on either side of the skirt flare. Then I added YO's around the short sleeves, and wove a ribbon through (as you can see, Miss Clever here already undid one of the ribbons, so we are working on a better method).

Overall, I'm pretty happy with it. I used a cotton-linen tape yarn (leftover from another project), and while it is not as soft as I would like for a babe, it drapes will and is light.

As always, there's more on the full blog!

2 Comments:

Blogger mamatoani said...

So cute! How old is she?

12:15 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

15 months and going on three, so ready to be like her big brother and sister!

12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home