Monday, June 18, 2007

 Better late than never...

Daniel
Born March 20, 2007
9lbs 12oz
21 inches
I was induced on 3/20 but ended up having a C-section. I knew it was a possibility since he was a big baby so I wasn't alarmed or upset. I was actually more nervous about the epidural I got. =)

We are both doing really well. He is getting big and I am getting the swing of mommydom. At his 2 month check up, he was at 13lbs 9oz and 23.5 inches.

Since I have been so bad at posting, I have a few more photos to show as well:

Here Danny is modeling the 5 Hour Sweater I knit for him in Malabrigo yarn. It was way to big for him to wear while it was cold! Hopefully he will fit into it this fall...though at the rate he is going, I never see him wear it. =) There was also a matching hat that he wore home from the hospital. I never got a picture of him in it and afterwards, my hubby accidently felted it! (He felt awful about it) It did turn out to be a perfectly shaped bowl though lol!


1. Danny at 2 1/2 months
2. Danny and Me - self portrait as you can probably tell =)

I don't have much else to share as far as knitting goes. I have tendonitis in both of my wrists/thumbs so I have been avoiding knitting. I did get a crochet book for mother's day - Adorable Crochet for Babies and Toddlers. I might try something from there soon since my right hand doesn't bother me as much as my left.
Mostly, I'm just enjoying being a mom. =)

5 Comments:

Blogger Ruth said...

What a pumpkin he is! I love your self portrait ...

10:30 PM  
Blogger Toni said...

thanks!

7:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Baby is just beautiful and came out like a Football Player!
I have that same book and unfortunately had trouble with the very first pattern I tried( the onesie dress). Could not find any errata on it or contact the publishers. I do hope you have better success than I did.
Have so much fun with your new baby boy. Time really does fly by so quickly. I have three sons, now the youngest is 19!

7:55 AM  
Blogger alison said...

Congratulations! Love the pic of him in the bumbo seat. Such a sweet face! Enjoy mommydom! :)

7:51 PM  
Blogger Toni said...

Thanks to both of you for the kind comments. =)

Lisa -
I am starting with the solid pair of socks. I crocheted a few rows the other day but haven't accomplished much yet. I never realized that the Brits had different terms for crocheting - our single crochet is called a double crochet. So as I look at the pattern, I keep reminding myself! lol =) Hopefully there won't be any errors. I'll post here when I finish them and let youknow how it went.

12:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home