Wednesday, March 14, 2007

 Snuggly Bubbly Shrug


This little cutey is the "Snuggly Bubbly" shrug from Sirdar, Pattern #1652 and comes with either short or long sleeves. I made the size 2, intending it for my cousin's daughter's 2nd birthday in February ... however, I didn't quite get it in the mail yet :( !

Anyway, it only took 2 balls of Sirdar Snuggly Bubbly yarn, which has the texture of soft, bumpy chenille and is very reminiscent of a bedspread I once had ... hmmm. While the yarn felt soft to work with, it was a bit of a pain as there was a sizable 'bump' every inch (with thin yarn in between) creating challenges in maneuvering around 'make 1 stitch' instructions. Not to mention the 'mind numbing' stocking stitch pattern ... I was thankful it was only baby sized (and short sleeved). I would probably make this pattern again, using perhaps a textured organic type cotton.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks SO soft and cozy! I like how you can still see the shaping even though the yarn is super textured.

9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is so cute (and so familiar looking). I made two of them for my gd's-the two biggest sizes. Loved the finished project but thought the yarn was hard to work with---
Barbara C.

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home