Saturday, March 17, 2007

 I'm a New Grandma

A few posts ago my daughter introduced you to her new baby girl, Kaylen. With Kaylen's birth I became a Grandma and I couldn't be more thrilled. She is such a little sweetie. It's a Grandma's duty to post another picture, right?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Little Kaylen is surrounded by knitters. Her Mommy knits. Her Grandma knits. Her Auntie knits. Her Great Grandma knits. She also has second cousins and Great Aunts that knit. I hope Kaylen grows up to love knitting too.

This particular over-the-top-girly set was knitted by Great Grandma. It's the "Harebell Set for 3 Months" from an old pattern book "Nursery Styles for 3 to 12 Months" by Beehive.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Gramma, from another soon-to-be first time Gramma of a girl! Your little grandbaby girl is so adorable! And the pink set is just so girly. My DIL isn't into the pastel pinks( although I'd really like to slip one in there!) and so I've been knitting mostly non-traditional colors. I'm the only knitter in our family but I intend to teach baby Meila when she's old enough!

9:22 AM  
Blogger Marlene said...

My daughter thought she wasn't into the pastel pinks either. I think she was overexposed to pastel pink when her friend had a baby girl and dressed her in nothing but pink and mauve. Now that Kaylen is here though, and dresses in a variety of colors, including some bright, non-traditional colors, I think she finds the occasional pastel pink a lot more appealing.

This isn't just pastel pink though. It is also VERY lacey and likely a fuss to wash with it's fancy ribbons and bows. I doubt that it will see a whole lot of wear, but will be reserved for special occasions. I'm glad I got a photograph of her wearing it. The occasional, old fashioned, very girly "portrait" outfit is kind of nice.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Faith said...

What a lucky little girl! Congratulations to you. =) The set has such a vintage feel to it. Beautiful! (Baby and knits)

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home