Sunday, February 11, 2007

 Turtle parade!

As mentioned in my latest podcast...

It's a little group of Sheldons!

My 3-year-old, Sparky, picked out the color combinations for the blue and green ones, and then I worked up a girly one, just in case Baby #3 happens to be a girl. Also, I just adore pink and red together. Can't help myself.

The 1-1/2 year old (Max) thinks that the turtles are all well and good, but my older fellow (Sparky) adores them and can be found running around with all three at any given moment.

More details at my blog here, along with notes that you might want to know if you're going to work up this project yourself.

Oh, also, I really appreciated the Baby Wear Test that Elinor just posted here. Very helpful, since I'm always wondering how things will wash and wear with all the abuse they will surely get. If anyone else has any examples of other yarn and knits, that would be wonderful!

6 Comments:

Blogger alison said...

Suuuuuper cute!

9:58 AM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

Those are adorable!

12:14 PM  
Blogger Marlene said...

Sheldon is on my list of things to make for the expected grandchild. I'll have to check out your notes.

2:00 PM  
Blogger knittindaisy said...

your sheldons are so cute!!
i was just about to knit at least one sheldon once i finish my most recent penguin from knitty. i'll have to check out your notes.

9:55 PM  
Blogger Random Musings said...

I love the Sheldons! My grandaughter loves her tiny frogs, dinosaurs and turtles that are attached to her teethers. I would love to make Sheldons for her and her cousin. Where can I find the pattern?

8:53 AM  
Blogger Faith said...

Thanks everyone.

To Random Musings: I've included the pattern link in the post. Click on the blue word "Sheldon". =)

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home