Tuesday, February 06, 2007

 Daisy dress

My first FO of 2007 -- the Daisy Dress from Zoe Mellor's Adorable Knits for Tots


(This pic has the most accurate color.)



I used Aunt Lydia's Fashion Crochet size 3 crochet thread instead of Jaeger's Sienna, recommended in the pattern. On size 2 needles, my gauge was a touch loose, so I followed directions for the 6-12 month size to end up with the 1-2 year size, to fit my 18-month-old niece. I liked working with this thread well enough, except cotton on such small needles is a bit painful. But the results are worth it -- nice, smooth fabric with a pretty sheen, and the colors this thread comes in are so much fun.

Unlike several other patterns from that book, this pattern didn't seem to have any mistakes. Yay! Despite the mistakes in other patterns, I highly recommend this book for baby knitters.

1 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

I love this book too -- I haven't run into many problems yet, but I know others have had complaints.

I love this dress -- my mother-in-law made one for my daughter. I suspect the sizing may be wonky even if you use the recommended yarn. She made a 1 yr old size for Xmas last year and it still doesn't quite fit my now 2yo daughter. But it is beautiful.

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home