Thursday, January 11, 2007

 Some knitting and some worry

I finished knitting up the cardi finally for the woman at work, and it fits her son well. I still haven't started anything for my wee one yet that's due on 1/18. I'll be posting pictures soon on my blog here.

Now I'm not in a panic over that, but there is some worry. He's in a breech position, and although he has room to move, it's disconcerting since there's only a week until my due date. Any other moms have this problem? I'm looking for some reassurance that he can and probably will still turn. He's also posterior, which is why they always have a hard time finding his heartbeat. It's easier if his back was up, but since it's down against my back, they always have to search for it.

I need to pick up some green and work on this pattern for him, because it's just too cute to pass up. I might also do a cardi for him in green and see if I can find some turtle or frog buttons.

7 Comments:

Blogger Shari said...

My kids are all grown up but I had 2 breech births. The first was butt first which I delivered naturally. And my third was feet first which I also delivered naturally. I guess in my opinion there is little chance for the baby turning. In todays world they probably won't let you go naturally. Good luck on your new baby

8:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My chiropractor swears he has had success getting breach babies to turn. Mine (due 1/14) is not breach, so I don't have personal experience, but I'd say it is worth a shot. I've also heard there is an accupressure point on the foot that can be used to turn a baby. Good luck!

9:54 AM  
Blogger Marnie said...

have you given a look at this site?
http://www.spinningbabies.com/

10:23 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

My daughter was breach, and I was HUGELY pregnant. I went into the hospital to have her moved manually. I was on the table, the doctor was there, they were just about to start, and she HEAVED into the proper position! lol She's been contrary like that ever since. Good luck! There's still time for your baby to move, and likely will.

5:41 PM  
Blogger Angelfire212 said...

Thank you so much to everyone for your kind words of support. I appreciate the stories of others who have had the same thing. The Spinning Babies website was very helpful too. I truly do appreciate the support and encouragement.

9:18 PM  
Blogger mamatoani said...

Please don't worry. I know that is easier said than done, but I think most labor and deliveries have a bit of the unexpected/some minor problem. I know that was true for me (no breech birth, but some other complications), and we had a very happy ending!

9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Although it was many, many years ago....I'm enjoying grandchildren these days, my son presented buttocks first....listening to the comments from the doctor and nurses about it and the comical things they say helped relieve my mind this wasn't just 'normal'. Everything turned out fine...he's 6'3" and a force to be reconded with.

I hope you have a happy baby birthday day.

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home