Sunday, January 14, 2007

 Mason Dixon Baby Kimono



Yarn: Red Heart acrylic, light yellow
Pattern: Heartbreakingly Cute Baby Kimono from Mason Dixon Knitting
Needles: US 6 Knitpicks Options, US 5 DPN for the I cord closure

This turned out pretty well considering I used acrylic rather than cotton. (I'm trying to use up my old acrylic on baby clothes and such.) It does seem a bit stiff, so I'm considering "killing" it to see if that improves the drape. This is a quick, fun pattern, and I think it turns out really cute! This is too small for my guy, so I think I'll stash it away for my brother and SIL's baby due in May.

--Kelley

2 Comments:

Blogger Erica said...

It's such a cute little sweater! I can just picture it on a little one. But what do you mean by "killing" it? I'm guessing it's some sort of process to make the yarn softer. Can you tell me more about this and how it works?

7:56 AM  
Blogger Kelley said...

Thanks, Erica. Yes, "killing" acrylic will make it softer and more drapey. I think you're basically killing the yarn's memory. Actually, I'm not exactly sure what the process is. I still need to do some research. I believe it involves applying heat in the dryer.

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home