Friday, January 12, 2007

 Flying Geeze baby blanket


I've finally finished my Flying Geeze blanket. The pattern is from Mason Dixon Knitting (excellent book), but I changed the yarn and the gauge in order to get a very light-weight blanket.
Yarn: 170 g of sockweight 100 % merino wool which has not been chemically treated (i.e. not superwash - better for the baby and the environment). Note: Edging is merino/silk blend.
Needles: 5 mm dpn and circular
There are some detail pictures in my Norwegian language blog: www.fuglemamma.sprayblogg.no.

Oh, and since I haven't been active on this site for a while: Congratulations to all the new mums! I'm in my 30th week now, and it's getting uncomfortable to sit too long on my computer chair...

2 Comments:

Blogger Annie said...

That is really pretty! Very nice work.

8:08 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

It is awesome. Are you going to be writing up the pattern for your baby vest and matching socks. My Mum and I knit baby clothes for our local hospital and the pattern would be really useful.

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home