Tuesday, November 27, 2007

 Nautical Tank


I had a sneak peak of this little tank on my blog a while back but all the ends to darn in saw me take some time to finish it. Good thing I made it in the 3-6m size as the bub I made it for was 10w old by the time he got it, and I had started it the night I found out he had been born!

The tank is a Debbie Bliss pattern, however I used Wendy DK supreme cottton instead of the DB stuff the pattern called for. It was just some left over I had in my stash from making a similar striped tank for my boy last summer (without a picture though). I got brave this time and added the boat, a design I sketched out on graph paper, inspired by a pic I saw in one of the Zoe Mellor baby knit books. I added buttons to the shoulder as Austy's was quite tight to get over his head and I figure a small baby is more fussy about clothes being pulled on.
I then started another one for my son for this summer, supposedly size 24-36m, but when I got to the armhole shaping I realised I didn't have enough stitches... I somehow made the 9m size! So that one has to be frogged and started over. I do love the colours I picked for it though (teal, caramel and chocolate) so hopefully that will be enough motivation to start again. I loved his knitted tank last summer and it still looks new due to the sheen on the cotton. No pilling at all.

And now we have a TTC date for number 2 baby, I might have to start on some newby knits again! Too adorable to resist!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home