Monday, November 12, 2007

 Fair Isle Yoke Baby Sweater


This is my first time posting here and I've got to admit I've been sitting on this Fo for a while. It's a Fair Isle Yoke Sweater in baby size for my little guy who's due to arrive in March. I designed the yoke pattern myself, but used Elizabeth Zimmermann's formula for a baby sized yoke sweater from her book Knitting Around. I think it turned out pretty well, but I'm afraid the sleeves may be a bit short. That's my fault though, and hopefully it will turn out ok once I've tried it on an actual human!
I'm not super happy with the yarn. It's Knit Picks Swish DK superwash wool. It's very soft and I think it will be really nice against the skin, but it bled like crazy when I washed it and the white part of the yoke is now a bit pink. Hopefully that will come out with the next washing.
You can get more details and pictures at my blog, if you're interested.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE this sweater...
it's beautiful !
Congratulations for the baby, enjoy your pregnacy...http

11:26 AM  
Blogger Dove Knits said...

What a cute sweater! I love the colors.

9:20 AM  
Blogger Sereknitty said...

Beautiful colour combination ... nicely done!

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home