Monday, November 05, 2007

 Christmas Hat Take One

I knit a Christmas Tree Hat for the babe yesterday but it didn't come out as well as I had hoped.
I'm new to colorwork so my tree is more than a little wonky.
Any suggestions?
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The tree is a modified version of one of the trees from Wendy's "Baby Norgi" sweater. And by "modified" I mean I took her perfectly good design and screwed it up. I made the tree one row taller by accident and the knitting, oh the knitting, like I said before, is seriously wonky.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I'm also thinking about doing it again in all green but knitting purl stitches instead of a contrasting Christmas color, just because I can't seem to get this intarsia stuff down.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
What do you think?
My blog: http://sbfrogger.blogspot.com/

2 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

Thanks for the feedback e --- I will try that.

12:47 PM  
Blogger Elisa Morrison said...

It's cute! You can knit up some little balls and sew them on (thoroughly), and it will look perfect. :)

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home