Tuesday, October 30, 2007

 Dragon Skin wrap


I'm making the Dragon Skin Wrap by Angela Hahn from the holiday issue of Interweave Knits.

I'm using Zara, which is a DK weight superwash merino yarn and a little lighter in weight than the Kollage called for in the pattern. I figured that a new mother would prefer a wrap she can toss in the washer. Plus, I'm a huge fan of Zara and of Filatura di Crosa in general - though I bet the wrap would be lovely in the Kollage.

The wrap is coming along nicely. It's so fascinating to watch the dragon "scales" develop and I'm happy that it's mostly self finishing. No fiddly bands to pick up after the fact.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ruth said...

A friend of mine made one of these for WB ... it's a beautiful sweater. Your friend will love it, and will really appreciate your using machine-washable wool!

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home