Wednesday, August 08, 2007

 Progress on Dress with Eyelets

I have been working on my Dress with Eyelets for the past few evenings after the kids are in the bed. I had to take out the eyelet row a few times to get is correct, but I think I did a good job on the modifications to the pattern to knit it in the round.

You can see the decreases I had to do to make the cute little eyelets. This pattern is from the Baby Knits for Beginners book by Debbie Bliss. I saw the dress on another blog and thought it was so cute that I had to make it. Keep in mind, I have to sons, but someone in my life will have a daughter one day. Hopefully it will be me! And she will be really cute in this dress.

I am thinking about making a pair of the Saartje's Booties to go with this dress. If you haven't seen what they look like here is the link to the pattern: http://members.home.nl/tdpj/Patronen/Bootees/Saartjes%20bootees.pdf . Happy knitting.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:47 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

I finished this dress in March of this year (check the archives on this site). It turned out really pretty, but it sure was a lot of st stitch!!! So many DB patterns are. Can't wait to see yours completed!!!
p.s. thanks for the bootie link. I'm going to knit up some of those for my own little girl, due in DEC.!

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home