Thursday, July 05, 2007

 First post and FOs

I'm new here, my name is Cricket, and let me tell you I spent a week drooling over your archives. I love knitting for babies because I don't really have the time or patience for big things, and baby stuff - well, baby stuff can be whatever you want it to be and no one will think it's goofy. Everything is adorable on a baby.

I have two sweet girls. Blue is 3 years old and Ivy is 5 months old. Sadly, they get fewer knits than anyone except my husband because my friends are all baby making machines.

For example, I just finished a couple of hats for a friend whose B/G twins are turning a year old.



This is my first time even attempting to 'pose' my FOs as well. I've always tried to take pictures, but more often than not they are badly lit, I-finally-finished-and-it's-midnight-and-these-should-have-been-in-the-mail-yesterday sort of shots.

So then here are hats doing what they do best in the summer - hanging around waiting for winter.




The pattern: Kids earflap hat by Julie
The Yarn: Artyarns Supermerino
The changes: I added the tassles and the trim. I used Zoe Mellor's cabled earflap hat with the garter stitch trim as a model. Unfortunately I didn't remember to go down a needle size or two and my trim sticks out a little. But they're done, and I'm not ripping it out. Anyway, I don't think anyone will notice too much when they're on those cute little faces.

I'll soon post pictures of Katja, because I couldn't resist. But she still needs weaving in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home