Thursday, April 05, 2007

 Baby Kaftan by Debbie Bliss

I thought I'd post some FO photos from a sweater I recently discovered in the baby knits pile. I made this sweater about two years ago, certainly with no intention of having a baby that would wear it. I knit it simply because I wanted to learn to embroider. The embroidery project was a failure (at least, on my part) so Aaron figured out how to embroider and he did it for me. I was so impressed. So was his grandmother, who reminded him that his grandfather, who learned to knit for soldiers in World War I, knit blankets for all of his grandkids (at a gauge of 10 sts/in too). There's certainly lots of needlework skill in his family! In any case, here is your ever willing model showing off her new (albeit a bit big) sweater:




Pattern: Baby Kaftan from Baby Knits Book by Debbie Bliss
Yarn: Knit Picks Shine Sport

-Elinor

9 Comments:

Blogger Anny said...

Wow! What an awesome sweater! The embroidrey is simply divine ;0)

10:55 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

Stunning! The piece looks absolutely beautiful!

5:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful work of art you did! I've been doing a smidgen of embroidery on my stuff and hope to do more. I believe you will inspire more people to personalise their creations like this. Good work!
And baby looks sooo adorable, what a great model, no fussiness!

8:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous sweater, gorgeous baby - I love seeing your projects. My man has come to my rescue when I'm sewing many times...when I get frustrated after ripping out a seam for the third or fourth time, he often comes over, picks the crumpled item out of the corner where I've thrown it, and does the difficult parts himself. I love that. Now I need to get him to learn how to embroider!

8:53 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

That's a beautiful sweater! You and Aaron are both very talented =)

8:55 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

It's fantastic.Gorgeous pics.

9:06 AM  
Blogger Austysmum said...

So sweet, I have that book and have often looked at that pattern, but with a little boy, it's not much good to me... Gorgeous work, and it suits your little model perfectly. What an angel face.

11:06 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

I tried to embroider on a Daisy Cardi not long ago and it was horrendous! If your husband has any tips to share...

4:06 PM  
Blogger alison said...

Gorgeous!

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home