Thursday, April 26, 2007

 baby leggings


baby leggings
Originally uploaded by the_crocheter.


I'm finished! This pattern is from E. Zimmermann's "Knitter's Almamac." I used Clover US 8 (5 mm) needles : one 16" circular and 5 dpn. Yarn is knit Picks Swish Superwash (100% wool). I started on April 3, finished yesterday. (I was knitting it on and off, not every day)

I'm very pleased with the results, especially with seams.

DSCN2751
Originally uploaded by the_crocheter.

You know that seams shows if you are advanced knitter or just playing with yarn.

But the really pleasing thing was my husband's reaction. First he said "good", which in his jargon means "exellent." Then he thought a little bit and asked "Did you buy it?" "I knitted it" (Like he has never seen me knitting it--that's how he's paying attention to what I'm doing.)


The only confusing thing was what will be the size of baby leggings. EZ writes that "you shouldn't worry about it bacause babies comes in all sizes." Well, what if I want a particular size? It wasn't my case, though because there is no baby yet. I intended to use it for this fall and winter--we'll see how it will fit! When the baby will outgrow it, I'll be able to make leggings in larger sizes.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelley said...

They look great! EZ's relaxed approach to baby sizing irks me too sometimes. Sure, the item will probably fit some baby somewhere, but most of us don't knit for some baby somewhere--we knit for this baby, who is such and such a size! :-)

6:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You made just gorgeous leggings. I am struggling with the same EZ pattern only in alpaca, which is much too soft. I have to start over as I cannot find the same wool to finish. Could you tell me, how much yarn you used? Also on the leg when EZ says "Mark center back, and dec 2 sts here every 3rd rnd..." does this mean center back of that leg, or dec on the inside seam, down from the crotch?
Your seams are so neat. Thanks for sharing. Shirley

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home