Thursday, March 01, 2007

 Ugh.

Anyone else utterly TIRED of pregnancy? I want it over. I'm only 34 weeks, though, so I'm hanging on. I've been knitting loads of baby things - the only things i can concentrate long enough to finish.


Soakers. Knitted wool diaper covers. An excellent stashbuster. I've made 4 newborn sized soakers, 2 small sized soakers, and one medium. I'm wavering back and forth on the sizes. The Squid was a tiny 6 pounder and wore preemie-sized clothing for 2 months. So I hesitate to not have enough newborn sizes. But I have this enormous fear of giving birth to a huge 14 pound baby, so I'm afraid to spend too much time knitting things that will either never fit, or fit for a day.


I made some itty bitty newborn pants, and am now working on some small sized pants, which suddenly seem enormous.


I made this little garter stitch raglan cardigan from several colors of Cotton Fleece. It reminds me of a roll of Five Flavor Life Savers.

Same photos with more blather at my blog.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So how do the soakers work? Are they put on over disposable diapers or cloth? It has been a long time since mine were little ones.

2:11 PM  
Blogger Marlene said...

Did you use soakers for your first? Over cloth diapers? Did they work well? I'm considering knitting a few for my soon-to-be-born grandchild and wonder how useful they are.

Yours look so cute! What pattern did you use?

2:46 PM  
Blogger Marnie said...

i used cloth diapers and wool soakers with my first child and loved it. it was easy and utterly bulletproof. never a leak. never. ever. the pants are great as pjs or in winter because it's warm clothing and diaper cover all in one.

wool soakers work because wool both repels and absorbs moisture. and wet wool isn't clammy feeling or uncomfortable. washing them with lanolin-rich wool wash keeps them repelling moisture, too.

i used my own pattern: it's online free for downloading at http://curlypurly.com

3:35 PM  
Blogger B said...

I totally understand about the sizes. My son was in newborn clothes for 3 months, and my 6 week old daughter fits in 3-6 mo. size already! I love wool soakers. Nothing works better at night or looks cuter!

8:28 PM  
Blogger mamatoani said...

I LOVE the lifesaver sweater. Did you use a pattern?

11:42 AM  
Blogger Marnie said...

i made up the sweater pattern. it hasn't been tried on an actual newborn yet, so we'll see if i was close.

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home