Monday, February 26, 2007

 S is for Shedir

Another itty bitty hat, this time a baby shedir. This was an unexpectedly quick an rewarding knit and really not as tricky as it looks. I knit the baby version using Something for nothing's mods (the original knitty pattern is size for an ault noggin).



Mine is about 14 inches around unstretched so is too big for a newborn...probably more of a 3-6 month or 6-12 month size. Here's a close-up of the crown shaping. As Grover would say "is it not beautiful?"


I'm so smitten in fact that I immediately cast-on for another...this time on smaller needles to fit a newborn.

Hopefully!

More details on my blog.

1 Comments:

Blogger Erica said...

What a beautiful hat! I love it. Let me know what size needles and yarn you use for the newborn size. I think this is going on my "to knit" list.

7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home