Wednesday, February 28, 2007

 Wear Test: Garnstudio Karisma

While I've been quite fond of Cascade 220 and Knit Picks Shine Sport in terms of how they've held up to frequent washings, Garnstudio Karisma leaves much to be desired. Frankly, I've found little to like about this superwash yarn. Care instructions are machine wash cold and dry flat. I've only washed this sweater a handful of times and this is what it looks like today:


Very fuzzy with lots of pilling. I was so disappointed because this was one of my favorite baby sweaters. I'll have to make another one for next winter in a more durable yarn.

Next up: Lion Brand Cotton-Ease (and it's back too!)

1 Comments:

Blogger msubulldog said...

I love reading other people's yarn reviews! I actually had the same thing happen with Shine Worsted. Odd that the sport version doesn't fuzz up like that--but really good to know! :)

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home