Thursday, March 01, 2007

 Eyelet Tank Top

I've been finishing up some old projects lately, which included adding the button and ribbon to this little tank top I made earlier this year for my daughter. I hope she'll be able to wear it this summer. She's so skinny that a lot of clothes don't fit right. Her winter sweaters have about 5" of ease. I couldn't decide which picture to post (partly, I think, because I like the tank so much) so have several.





Pattern: Eyelet Top from Debbie Bliss' Special Knits
Yarn: Knit Picks Shine Sport in Orchid
Needles: US 4

I think what I like most about this little top is that it's the kind of sweater that I would covet for myself. Don't worry - I will never make matching mama-baby sweaters, although I won't rule out socks. Doesn't it creep you out to receive a Christmas card from the family of 10 all wearing the same outfit?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutely ADORE this tank. I love the color. I have the book, and another project that I'm going to use Shine for, so it looks like I need to up my order! I hope it fits her, because if it looks as good on her as it does just laying around she is going to be the cutest little girl around!!

8:39 AM  
Blogger Erica said...

What a fabulous tank - and color!!! I love it!

And on the fitting note, I just remembered my mother telling me about having trouble getting things to fit my sister - she was always tiny. Smocking was her saving grace. I bet you could do a tank top with smocking that would pull it in more at the top, and with the ribbon woven through eyelets at the bottom modify this into a baby doll style top.

1:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home