Sunday, March 04, 2007

 Babies, Babies Everywhere!

Babies, babies, babies! It seems like everyone I know is expecting! It makes me so glad I learned how to knit! Baby gifts are so fun to make, not to mention great for those of us who need more immediate gratification. (I'm mom to a three-year-old. His handknits aren't so immediate anymore!) I'll be cranking out pint-sized presents all year! First up, a sweater/bootie combo knit in Lionbrand BabySoft. Not the most luxurious fiber, but I'm pleased with the results.
The sweater is the Daisy Cardigan. It was my first raglan sweater, and it was a breeze! I see many more in my future!
The booties: Christine's Baby Booties. I had a hard time getting my fingers to manipulate the 5 size 1 dpns, but other than that, no problem.

Two patterns I will definitely be using again and again!

As a relatively new knitter, and first-time poster, I just want to say that I've enjoyed what all of you have shared so much! You can visit my blog here.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ruth said...

Very cute sweater and bootees! I love the color.

9:15 PM  
Blogger Austysmum said...

This looks like a great simple pattern - easy to knit and wear. THe blue is just gorgeous, a nice change from baby blues. Well done.

4:43 AM  
Blogger mames said...

i am making the daisy cardigan because of yours, i have to. i love this blog...sooooo many knits!

11:55 AM  
Blogger alison said...

Awwww, very sweet set!

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home