Friday, March 02, 2007

 I'm in!

Hi! I'm new here. Wooohoooo! Blogger/Google *finally* let me accept Alison's second invitation. Thanks Alison!

I don't have any pics to show yet, but I'm perusing the archives and printing patterns and drooling like crazy! I'm mom to a 6yo dd, a 20 mo ds, and am 7.5 mos pregnant with surprise #3. I haven't knit anything for the new baby yet, but after seeing all the lovely things on this blog I am itching to go shopping for some yarn! I just finished a top down raglan for my dd and ds had to have one too! Actually, he wanted to wear hers, which was darling in hot pink Jelly Beans yarn :) So, I had to knit one for him and finished it in about 5 days! and best of all he loves it! So, I 'm looking at the Baby Pea Pod sweater, a toddler aran pullover that I would make for my 20 month old that, I am dying to get the book 50 baby booties to knit, and many many more. Thing is we decided not to find out the sex of this baby and I'm not really into the gender neutral pastels. Don't really want a drawer full of yellow sweaters with no lace. I told dh that I was thinking I might like to find out now. (We had an ultrasound done and the tech noted the sex, but didn't tell us, so all I'd have to do is ask.... how tempting!!!) His reply was well I would get lots of practice if I just made two of everything. LOL! Like how much time does he think I have?? LOL! So.... I'm thinking that I might do some non-traditional baby colors, like sage or moss green, navy, etc. and just also make some felted flowers or find some good patterns for duplicate stitched on flowers (I could probably use any charted pattern for that, couldn't I?) and just add those after the baby is born if it is a girl. I think sage green would look cute with white and pink flowers added. But.... I really like knitting lacey things. Am going to pine away for that. I just don't think I would like those sorts of things in gender neutral colors or patterns that would be "okay" on a boy. I may do a couple of super girly things anyway and just keep them for gifts if I have another boy. Okay! I've unloaded ALL my thoughts here :) Really wanted to say hello and congrats to all the new moms and moms to be. Thrilled to find you and looking forward to posting some great pics soon.

Deborah in NC (due in April)
my blog

2 Comments:

Blogger B said...

I had a surprise last time, and I knit stuff in black and dark red. Not very traditional for a baby, but now that most of her clothes are pink, I'm glad for the change of pace!

8:36 PM  
Blogger mamatoani said...

I think there are a lot of colors that would work for either a boy or a girl. You don't see much primary colored stuff out there, but what about a red sweater, for example? You could always make it more girly later if you had a girl or keep it simple for a boy.

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home