Tuesday, January 16, 2007

 Soakers!


Made a couple of teeny tiny soakers. For those of you who aren't cloth diaper users, a "soaker" is a fitted diaper cover that is knit from wool. Wool is the perfect material for the job, given that it keeps moisture locked in, is a breathable, natural fiber, and doesn't feel clammy when damp. Not to mention the fact that little knitted soakers are very cute. Next up, pants.

I used some delicious yarn I had on hand - the "near solid" blue is an organic merino that makes you weep it's so soft, and the multi-hued purple, blue, and brown is another organic wool that is a bit sturdier. I used the merino for the trim. Both yarns come from Mosaic Moon and I adore the colors.

more or less cross-posted at my blog.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelley said...

Gorgeous! I love the colors you chose.

By the way, I absolutely love this pattern (though I have yet to try it). I just bought a bunch of merino and am getting ready to knit some soakers the next size up for my little boy. I'm thinking Curly Purly for at least one or two of them. :-)

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home